Tuesday, August 02, 2005

wisdom? i'm not an old man but i play one on the basketball court

well folks, long time no posts....sorry bout that...i was busy turning 30 and celebrating my friends bbq of love and playing basketball and dying in the heat and drinking drinks ... not in that order i think...actually i'm drinking a nice manhattan right now...another sign of being old...?
ok so here's the big sign of my advanced age...i played basketball tonight and i didn't dive for a single loose ball...old guys don't bounce so good on concrete...that's wisdom right...i could've gotten to a loose rebound too if i'd hit the dirt but i didn't...hmm...sarah will be so proud...or did i miss that rebound cuz my reflexes are too slow now that i'm 30? doh....
i better get to bed cuz it's almost 11pm and i need my beauty sleep.

ps. happy birthday jen. and if you look anything like a soccer mom then that can only be a good thing for soccer moms. don't mind my silly musings...

5 comments:

'col said...

in the evolution of soccer moms, they have become extremely cute.

that's right, Pauly, you have reached an age where you can choose whether or not to dive for the ball, because you are secure enough in your masculinity to know that you don't have to break an elbow to demonstrate your manliness. also, you can drink Manhattans. the rest of us dinosaurs salute you!

pol said...

manhattans that i can make myself!!

Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Pauly! Oh, the much-maligned soccer mom! I guess I don't own an SUV or anything evil and soccer mom-ish.

Turning 30 rules. No more pressure to be hip.

J.

TW said...

Dive for basketball?
Pressure to be hip?!?

I must be missing something.

'col said...

me, I'm gonna be a hockey mom.

"THAT'S RIGHT! YOU CRY, LITTLE MAN!"

[off the horrified look of my companions]

"What?"